I am looking for committed environmentalists (formal qualifications not essential - I don't have any) who are, or will make themselves known, to their country or region's birders to:
1. Reach those who are not fortunate enough to penetrate all the levels of the rich English idiom (I know that there are people all over the world with a basic grasp of English; though not all are lucky enough, or trust themselves, to express themselves publicly in writing. We want to reach these people as well. The birds and nature need all the support they can get!) The important thing is to get the basic message across and motivate as many others as possible.
2. Write mails to, and distribute on, the national/regional mailing lists (Proact appeals for support and updates which usually come from me.)
3. Organise translations for native-speakers where necessary.
4. Pass on information. feedback and new ideas to Proact
5. Look after the Proact Team members in their own country - I will keep you up-to-the-minute with new additions to the Team,
6. will have the confidence and trust of his fellow countrymen and -women; which no foreigner will ever achieve to the same extent.
To this I would add, motivation of your personal contacts home and abroad. As you will see, although it would be too difficult to work in more than one common language - English - I am trying to get the basic information on Proact translated by our members into as many European languages as possible. If you can provide a translation of
this would be a great help. And of course the Proact motto - in your own language - "Proact campaigning for the birds and their habitats.....before it's too late"
Proact coordinators are allocated a separate mail address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org) which is linked to whichever mail address you nominate to me.
Your contact details will be publicised at
Contact the other coordinators here as well and benfit from their experience and ideas.
If you are unavailable for any length of time please try to arrange for a deputy to cover for you; and please let me know.
Last but not least. How much time you can spare, and the amount of effort you put into this voluntary and unpaid job, is completely up to you. Every little helps and has an impact however small. If I didn't believe that I wouldn't have founded Proact.
Proact International Coordinator